Curriculum vitae of Dr. Abdulrahman I.H. Al_harthi
- Date of Birth: Jul 1977
- Nationality: Saudi
- Home Address:
- Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University Campus
- P O. Box 83
- Al-Kharj 11942
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Telephone: 00996115888020
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD. in Science (Chemistry) 2014. From the University of Glasgow, United Kingdom.
- Title of Thesis: Hydrogen and Carbon Nanostructure Formation from Methane Cracking over Iron and Zeolite Based Catalysts.
- Master in Science (Chemistry) 2007. From King Saud University, Riyadh, KSA.
- Title of Dissertation: Copolymerization of Ethylene and -Olefins Using Ziegler-Natta Supported Catalysis.
- Bsc. in Science (Chemistry) 1999. From King Saud University, Riyadh, KSA.
- Attended training for health and safety in a chemical laboratory.
- Attended training course for using computers in the office.
- Attended training course for radiation protection.
- Attended English language course. 5. Short Course, XPS (X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy).
Experience and Skills
- Taught Chemistry to secondary school for one academic year.
- Working as a lab technician for the last eight years in the Chemistry Department of King Saud University. The experience includes:
- Extensive experience of teaching in Laboratory.
- The expertise of NMR spectroscopy (JEOL 400 MHZ multinuclear)
- Varied experience of chemical research laboratories.
- Experience of preparation and testing of Ziegler – Natta catalysts for polymerization.
- Worked on SABIC project for catalyst preparation, characterization, and evaluation for polymerization catalysts.
- Experience of handling air-sensitive material with a glove box.
- Lecturer at The College of Science and Humanities at the University of Sattam bin Abdulaziz.
- Assistant professor at The College of Science and Humanities at the University of Sattam bin Abdulaziz.
- Coordinator of The College of Science and Humanities, The University of Sattam bin Abdulaziz, for the Sixth Scientific Conference for students of the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Vice-dean for academic affairs.
- Abdulrahman Alharthi, Ross A. Blackley, T. Hugh Flowers, Justin S. J. Hargreaves, Ian D. Pulford, James Wigzell and Wuzong Zhou, Iron ochre – a pre-catalyst for the cracking of methane, Journal of Chemical Technology & Biotechnology, 89 (2014) 1317-1323.
- Justin S. J. Hargreaves and Abdulrahman Alharthi, The application of biogenic and biomorphic inorganic materials in heterogeneous catalysis: a brief overview, Journal of Chemical Technology & Biotechnology, In Press.
- A.I. Alharthi, J.S.J. Hargreaves, I. D. Pulford, H. Flowers and J. Wigzell, Waste iron oxides as catalysts for hydrogen production via direct decomposition of methane, Scottish Dalton Meeting, University of Strathclyde- April 2012.
- A.I. Alharthi, J.S.J. Hargreaves, I. D. Pulford, H. Flowers and J. Wigzell, Hydrogen production via direct decomposition of methane over iron-containing waste materials, Dennis Dowden Commemoration meeting, the University of Durham, April 2013.
- A.I. Alharthi, J.S.J. Hargreaves, Direct cracking of methane over H-ZSM-5 supported Pd, Ni and Cu catalysts for the production of hydrogen and carbon nanostructure, British Zeolite Association Conference, the University of Glasgow, March 2014.
- A.I. Alharthi, J.S.J. Hargreaves, I. D. Pulford, H. Flowers and J. Wigzell, Tubular Biogenic iron oxide ochre as a pre-catalyst for methane cracking, British Zeolite Association Conference, The University of Glasgow, March 2014.
Conferences and Workshops
- Surcat Ecosse Meeting, Heriot-Watt University, 2010.
- Scottish Dalton meeting, April 2012.
- Universities of Scotland inorganic Chemistry, Conference 2011.
- Europacat X Conference, University of Glasgow, August 2011.
- Applied Catalysis Subject Group Chemical Engineering& workshop. university of Leeds - February 2012.
- Catalysis Meeting, University of Oxford, October 2011.
- British Zeolite Association Conference, University Of Chester, 2012.
- British Zeolite Association Conference, Keele University, 2013.
- Dennis Dowden Commemoration meeting, the university of Durham, April 2013.
- British Zeolite Association Conference, University of Glasgow, 2014.
- The 24th North American Catalysis Society Meeting, The David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,2015.
كلية العلوم و الدراسات الانسانية - 0115888013